To keep your house comfortable and clean in Morgantown, WV, you need to take excellent care of your air ducts with routine maintenance. People use their HVAC systems year-round to provide the perfect temperature in their household and stay comfortable, and keeping these systems clean is the best way to keep them running.
Unfortunately, cleaning your air ducts is extremely cumbersome, so you should hire someone else. Rebuilders will clean out your air ducts in Weston, Uniontown, and Snowshoe, West Virginia, among other cities, so that you can reap all of the benefits listed in this article.
Prevent Harmful Allergens
One of the main reasons people like to clean out their air ducts regularly is because many allergens can get trapped there and affect your life. If you’re particularly sensitive to seasonal allergies and you’ve noticed your allergies worsening over the years, it might be time for a cleanout. Unfortunately, regular household cleaning won’t fix your problem if these allergens are in your air ducts.
- Dust Mites
Your air ducts are not resistant to these allergens even if you keep your house clean. So, if you have someone who lives in the house sensitive to these allergens or you notice your seasonal allergies worsening lately, you should hire a professional to clean your air ducts. Otherwise, these allergens will continue to blow around your house and affect your health.
Keep Your Home Smelling Great
One massive benefit to cleaning out your air ducts is they will give your house a brand new fresh smell. If you’ve noticed the rooms being stuffy lately, even if you open up your windows often, you might have too much dust in your air ducts affecting the odor.
Cleaning out your air ducts is a fantastic way to improve your spring cleaning routine and get your house smelling better than ever. Sometimes, old smells can linger in your air ducts and perfume the air for months. You don’t need to live in a stuffy home when you can have your air ducts cleaned and resolve your problems.
How Often You Need a Cleaning
Fortunately, you don’t need to clean your air ducts often to keep your air fresh and reduce allergens. Professionals recommend that your air ducts be cleaned every two years if you want to keep your air as pure as possible. The frequency you have to clean your air ducts depends on several factors.
- If you have furry pets like cats or dogs, you might need to schedule a cleaning more often because their hair could get trapped in the air ducts.
- Sometimes, children are more prone to allergies, so households with kids should clean their air ducts frequently to prevent allergens.
- If your house has a history of mold growth, then you could benefit from frequent air duct cleanings to ensure that mold isn’t distributed throughout your air.
To be thorough about your air duct cleaning, you can schedule cleanings annually to cut down on germs and allergens. Otherwise, once every two to three years is perfectly fine.
One way you can determine if there’s mold in your air ducts is when you smell mildew, even after thoroughly cleaning your home. Long-term mold exposure can cause health problems like asthma, allergies and reduce your immune system, so you’re prone to colds.
Rebuilders specialize in mold removal, so if you hire us to clean your air ducts, we can also remove the mold in your home. Our experts can take care of any of your damaged restoration needs, including duct cleanings, water damage, and mold removal. Many times, a lot of these problems come in packages and aren’t isolated incidents, so you need a professional that can handle multiple situations.
Prepare For Your Airduct Cleaning on Morgantown
Before you schedule a professional to clean your end air vents, you should prepare the area. It is in your best interest that your professionals clean your air ducts promptly and thoroughly, and preparing the area can help you out with that. Follow these tips, so your duct cleaning appointment goes as smoothly as possible.
- Remove any clutter or furniture around your air vents so the professional can easily access the area. This situation will save both of you time figuring out where to put heavy furniture during the cleaning process.
- Determine whether you’ll be present during the appointment or want to go somewhere quieter to relax while the expert works. For example, if you’re prone to migraines, you might want to be away from the area because it will be noisy. Talk with us to help set up the arrangement, so we know if you will be present or away during the appointment.
- Keep your pets in an area that won’t interrupt the cleaning process. You might need to keep them at someone else’s house because of the noise, and the technician needs to keep doors open while cleaning your vents.
- Walk around the house with your professional and show them areas you’re concerned about so that you can address any potential problems before they arise. In addition, this will give you and the professional a clear idea of what to expect throughout the cleaning.
If you have any questions regarding your preparation, let us know, and we will help you. We want the process to go as smoothly as you do, so don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you have while preparing.
Call Us Today
If all of these benefits appeal to you and you’ve been concerned about your air ducts for a while, it’s not too late to get professional help. We are the best air duct cleaners in West Virginia and will give you the premium service you deserve for your duct cleaning.
Our experts specialize in all sorts of damage restoration projects, so we can get you a clear idea of what areas in your house you need assistance with. In addition, Rebuilders offers 24/7 emergency service for any home restoration needs in case you have a situation requiring immediate attention.